Sunday, December 10, 2006

Late Bloomer

I am a late person. If an event starts at 7:00, you can almost guarantee that I will fail to make my entrance until 10 past. I send out Christmas cards around New Years, I still don't have a wedding album, it took me 4 months to change my name after getting married (and 3 months to replace the new driver's license I lost one week later), and even as we speak I am setting up this thing called a "blog," which most of my friends have had for at least a year now. My justification for this "thorn in my side" (and in my husband's side as well): humility. This little imperfection (among many others) keeps me humble. It also makes me who I am. Isn't it true that so often our greatest imperfections are the flip side to that coin which bears our greatest strengths? I have yet to find out what the flip side of my "imperfection coin" is, but I'm sure I'll figure it out one day....when I get around to it.

All that to say, I am blessed by the little idiosyncrasies of the people I come into contact with each day. I am blessed by their imperfections. I am blessed by their strengths. I am blessed because the Lord has beautifully crafted them to be just the way they are; He has gifted them in ways he did not necessarily gift me, and I want to not only admire their gifts from afar, but relish in them. Seek to learn from them. Mirror them.

So here's the plan. Each time I blog, I am going to highlight a particular person whom I admire. They may be a close friend or family member. They may be a child in my class. Or they may just be an acquaintance or stranger I speak to in line at HEB. You have blessed my life with your gifts, and I want to share that with the world (or maybe just the 8-10 people who actually read this).

1 comment:

JENNY said...

I need to be studying right now, but instead I got on facebook and found your blog!! yeah, I'm so glad you got one and I love your idea for the blog. I'm looking forward to reading more from you. Love you!