Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dwight Schrute is my BFF

Well, the start to school has been a whirlwind, complete with no sleep, lots of reading, energetic students, a wedding, and a funeral. My cousin Chelsea got married two weeks ago, and her wedding was a blast! It was at the Plantation House, and, as usual, Norris and Luanna were unbelievably gracious and fun. Seeing family was wonderful, and the best part was that Lucus and Chelsea are a perfect match. The weekend of Chelsea's wedding, my Great-grandmother passed away at the age of 103. Don't be alarmed....she didn't pass away at the wedding! She was in Amarillo with hospice, and they told us she went peacefully. It was very bitter sweet. It was time for her to go home, but we will miss all her stories and antics (which I blogged about not too long ago). We love our Grandma Dell. Which brings me to Dwight....

A funny transition, you might think, but my journey to the funeral in Amarillo allowed me a quick stop in Abilene. You'll never guess who I met...Dwight Schrute himself. Actually, it was just Shelby dressed up for bid night as Dwight, but it may as well have been the real thing, because she was equally as hilarious as our favorite "Assistant to the Regional Manager." Here's a pic of me and "Dwight."

It was so much fun to get to spend the weekend with Shelbs. After Bid Night, Christian, Shelby and I drove to Amarillo on Sat. morning for the funeral. Usually I would be sad, but in this case, I was very relieved....Grandma Dell had been in so much pain. It was fun to get to visit in the car for 10 hours (5 up and 5 back)....I never get tired of being around my sissy. I also got to see her cute house and spend time with her sweet roomies. I am so glad that Shelbs is back at ACU, but I must say, I really really miss her. I can't wait until next year when she'll be back in Austin! It's such a blessing to have a sister that I would be best friends with even if we weren't related. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you. Instead, enjoy a little time with Dwight....

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I love Dwight so much also. Thanks for dedicating a whole blog entry to him.

JENNY said...

I LOVE Dwight, too. haha! I miss you.