Thursday, September 4, 2008

Palin Mania!



I consider myself a moderate when it comes to politics. In fact, I am ashamed to say that I have never voted...I frankly never cared enough to get off the couch and stand in line. During this election period, I once again found myself on the fence. I was a voucher-hatin', baby lovin', anti-universal health care gal with a passion for social justice. Like I said...a moderate. HOWEVER, I recently fell off the fence and into the Alaskan wilderness. That's right. A small town mayor from the "Last Frontier" has won my heart. She's a mother of five (including a special needs child) who made her debut in "politics" as a member of the PTA...you've gotta love a hockey mom who cares about education reform. Yes, I admit that I shed a tear when listening to her acceptance speech; women have come a long way in the 88 years since we earned the right to vote. Thank you, Mrs. Palin, for inspiring me to care again.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I know, I love her too! I really think she will do a lot of good, especially for children. Did you see her daughter fix the baby's hair during Palin's speech? It was the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

There was a time when I didn't care that much about politics either. But I was stupid. It totally matters. Go McCain and Palin!!!