Monday, January 17, 2011

I feel like a beached whale.

OK, so I know I’m pregnant and all, but should I really look like I have a giant beer gut when I’m only 4 months along? Baby P is only 4 inches long and weighs 3.5 ounces, so is it really necessary for my belly to start at the middle of my rib cage (no lie) and go down to my thighs? A little girl at church told me the other night, “Wow, I can’t believe your stomach is already that big. My cousin is 4 months pregnant too and your are WAY bigger than her.” Awesome. By the time it’s all said and done, I guess Christian will just have to roll me around like a massive beach ball. OK, so maybe I’m being a bit dramatic…..I’m not THAT big. But I sure don’t feel like I look preggers. Instead, I look like I have a food baby.

On a more positive note, I just spent an awesome weekend with my college friends and their families. We talked a lot, played with babies, ate good food and laughed a ton! It was so much fun. Every year I spend with them makes me more thankful for the precious bond we share. They are amazing women. Watching my sweet friends be moms was such a blessing. It put things into perspective for me….even if I gain 200 pounds, it will be worth it, because I will get to have a precious little baby to love in the end!

4 comments:

JENNY said...

You look great!! Don't believe what anyone else says. People say the most annoying things when you're pregnant. I had several people tell me I looked like I was about to pop when I was only 30 weeks. haha!

It was SO great to see you guys this weekend. Miss you already, too!

Jessica said...

Hang in there, cause you are right even if you gain 200 pounds it will all be worth it.... But don't worry, it comes off pretty quick.

Ashley said...

You do look great! And in a few weeks once your are out of the weird in-between stage I know you'll feel much better about things! But you are so right...no matter what, once that sweet baby is in your arms you will not care one bit about all you had to go through! :)

Lindsay Norsworthy said...

Love that you are posting again!! I'm sure you look cute! And you're right, it will SO be worth it!
PS: I have a "food baby" too :)